How to register your dog
Your dog must be registered to claim. Please register your retired Police/Fire dog by emailing; email@example.com
Within this message please include as much detail about your retired Police/Fire dog as you have;
Name, DOB, age, breed, Force served, Handler’s name if not living with Handler, role, date retired, how many years served and any on going medical issues.
If you can spare the time a little Bio of your dog will be great to add to the website along with any high quality photos you have..
Then your dog must be eligible;
Eligible dogs must meet the following criteria in order to make a claim for financial assistance;
- The dog must be registered with PawsomePensions
- Dog must be licensed with Devon, Dorset or Cornwall Police or Fire Service at the point of retirement. The length of service and circumstances in which retirement was served will be taken into account.
- Brood bitches must belong to Devon, Dorset or Cornwall Police or Fire Service and have produced 2 or more litters under the Police Puppy Scheme.
- Stud dogs must belong to Devon, Dorset or Cornwall Police or Fire Service and have produced 2 or more litters under the police puppy scheme.
- Dogs used for the financial gain/reward after the point of retirement, i.e. security work, breeding, scent detection work will not be considered for assistance.
- Dogs that are retailed from Devon, Dorset or Cornwall Police or Fire Service dog sections will not be eligible at any time.
- Dog that are released from service within 2 years of licensing due to unsuitability will not be considered for assistance.
Submitting a claim
Please email all of the below information to; firstname.lastname@example.org
- As much detail and information about the dog as possible.
- A detailed description of the dog’s medical condition and treatment you are requesting financial assistance for.
- Email a copy of the vet’s bill paid in full to email@example.com (headed receipt including the dog’s name and the date of treatment).
- Your BACS details for payment should it be agreed.
Please ensure you have sought the medical attention required and the bill is settled in full with the vet prior to submitting your claim.
At this time there is no means to assist with direct payment to the vets.